Wednesday, March 04, 2009
Ethan is now 6 1/2 months old and has already spoken his first word. Ok, so he doesn't know what he's saying, but he did utter his first word and of course it was "da da" just like Isabella's first words.
When you have your first child you marvel at every little thing they do. You are amazed that a creature so small is learning and doing things for the first time that you do everyday. When you have a second child, you unintentionally "forget" to celebrate these significant details. So here are some things I'd like to celebrate.
- His first word: da-da
- He can roll over from his tummy to his back. He's very close to rolling over from his back to his tummy
- He laughs when he sees someone he likes
- He likes to stick out his tongue
- He's very expressive with his face and eyes
- He's extremely ticklish
- He's got the best temperament. As much as one can tell from a baby, he's sweet, gentle, good natured and even patient. He hardly cries except if you hold out on food. (I think he takes after me)
- He can sit up like a tripod and has great balance
- He reaches for objects and likes to pull things close to examine them
- He knows how to get the music playing from his saucer
- He's learning to eat rice cereal and isn't a messy eater...yet
- He loves his sister. She can get a big open-mouthed smile out of him. And Isabella loves Ethan. It's all so sweet.
I love my little boy. I am lucky.