Isabella's Birthday - Part 2

Monday, November 02, 2009

Isabella is very much into tea parties and playing pretend so it only made sense to throw her a dress up tea party. I found a company online that hosts tea parties in your own home. They take care of everything: invitations, catering, decorations, setup, hosting and clean up. It was perfect. Chic Partea serves the Orange County/Los Angeles area. Check them out. They are reasonably priced for all that they provide. I highly recommend it. It was hassle-free for me.

The Invitation


The Setup

We decided to use the game room which is on the bottom floor of the house, which is down three flights of stairs. With all the up and down to let in the guest, I was getting tired and winded. I had purchased a box of rose pedals so I wrote a note on the door and created a path of rose pedals down to the game room. It worked out perfect and I was in good shape to greet our guests.








Dressing Up






Tea Time









The funniest thing happened during the Happy Birthday song. Isabella's BFF, Sacha, sat next to Isabella during tea time. When the cake was brought out we all sang happy birthday. Just before the birthday girl can blow out her candles, Sacha blows them out. We all kind of laughed. Isabella turns to Sacha and says, "Sacha! It's not your cake!" Then all the kids started telling Sacha it wasn't his cake to blow out the candles. It was hilarious. I captured the entire birthday song, but turned it off for the reaction. Too bad.

Funny, I didn't really notice the game playing in the background since the sound was off until half way through the party. I guess the dad's were happy about that (and the beer).

The Guests



Wand Making




Gifts for Guests

Guests received little goodie bags of bubbles, play doh, stickers. The girls also go a heart-shaped makeup palette. And all guests received framed pictures of the dressed up guests.



It was a fun birthday. I don't think we'll go all the way out as we did this year, but I'm so glad we did it once.

Pictures courtesy of Marlene, Rebecca's mom.

1 comments:

Call Family said...

How freaking cute is that little rack with the princess dresses in alternating pink and yellow-makes me yearn for a girl-just not bad enough to tempt fate.

Can we have a adult princess dress up party-come on you know it would be too much fun haha!