Catching Up

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

It's been way too long, I know. I've been terrible at keeping my blog up. I'm so, so tired today. Ed left for Milan yesterday. He's spending the weekend in Bologna and then flying to Paris on Monday. He doesn't come back until next Thursday. Yikes. Isabella has been great. She's grown so much since I've returned back at work. Last night, however, she decided to wake up at 9:50pm, 12:45am, 2:40am, and 4:10am. She's not sick, but I think she may be teething. At least I hope so. Every month that she gets "fussy" --my sister, Merah, sees her fussy as a mild whine...which it really is-- I always attribute it to teething, but when are the teeth going to finally come in???

Isabella doesn't have her next doctor's appointment until June 11 so I don't know how much she weighs. Here are some milestone updates on Isabella today:

  • She can sit up by herself. She can't get up to a sitting position from lying completely flat yet.
  • She just started to get on her knees from laying on her stomach and rocks back and forth a little.
  • She does circles on her tummy and scoots backwards.
  • She eats pureed veggies and fruits, loves those Puff crackers, eats pureed meats, and even has the occasional peeled grape. Vida says she looks like a baby bird when she eats.
  • She babbles "dada...," "baba...,' and now "mama..."
  • She sings when she's happy.
  • When you sing "When you're happy and you know it clap your hands" she sometimes will clap her hands at the right spot in the song.
  • She lights up when you sing "Old McDonald."
  • She likes toys where she can grab, hit, clap, or bang. Toys that make noise when you hit, bang, or clap are her favorites.

There's so much to catch up on that it'll be easier to tell through a photo story starting with the most recent.


May 29, 2007
Yesterday, I came home earlier than normal so we got
to play a little longer. She was so cute I had to take pictures.


The first picture of her in my sunglasses where classic and natural,
but of course...where the heck is the camera when you need it?


Here are a few of her clapping to her favorite song.



May 28, 2007 - Memorial Day
On Memorial Day, we took Isabella to the beach and
sat under an umbrella and played in the sand.


I peeled a grape and let Isabella suck on the exposed end while I held on to the grape. She loved it and was taking big chunks off of it.

Ed tried to feed her a whole grape. What the heck! So glad that I caught him.



May 26, 2007

Ed and Isabella horsing around.


Check out Isabella's eyelashes. I'm so envious.



May 21, 2007

It was cold last week so we had to bundle up in warm clothes
before heading off to work and "school."



May 19, 2007

My high school friend, whom I haven't seen since last year
even though she lives in Carlsbad, came over to meet Isabella.
They bonded instantly.



May 17, 2007

Ed's uncle, Wadeed, flew to California from New Jersey for a spur of the
moment visit. We hope he and Ed's aunt Anna will make the move soon.
[the pics came out a little blurry, sorry Wadeed...see,
now you have to come out again so we can take it over.]



May 13, 2007 - Mother's Day weekend

Ed surprised me with flowers and a really cool digital picture frame for work. I can't wait to use it. The quality is amazing! It inspired me to take more pictures.


It's been a while since we've taken advantage of the beach lifestyle,
June gloom came a little early, but we did manage to
get out on a good day and take some nice pictures.



May 12, 2007

This was not a special day or anything, but just the hallmark of a mommy
who was too hungry to wait. Isabella didn't want to eat her food so I
set down her bowl at the edge of the tray. I started scarfing my food down
and look up to find the mess that she made. I learned my lesson.



May 5, 2007 - Grandma's Birthday

Cinco de Mayo to some, but to the Chung'ers it's our mommies birthday.
My mom and dad retired their insurance business last year. But my poor
mom hasn't gotten a break since. She's been helping out her sister's
jewelry store everyday since before Christmas. She's 69 years old; she deserves a break.
[Sorry for outing your age, mom].



Up Next:
Isabella has her doctor's appointment in a few weeks. Then Ed's parents are flying out from Connecticut to babysit while Ed and I are in the Maldives for nine days.

Interesting facts about the Maldives:
  • It is southwest of Sri Lanka, on the equator
  • There are 1,190 coral islands; only 202 of which are inhabited; and 87 are exclusive resort islands
  • The language of the Maldivians is Dhivehi and embrace Islam

Maldives Picture Gallery:



And that would conclude today's entry.

0 comments: