Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

So I've been looking for a new hairstylist for a long time. Every time I go to my current one I'm disappointed afterwards. So I remembered a hairstylist that I went to a few times had started his own salon. It's a salon and a photo studio. Anyways, I made an appointment for last Saturday. I was so excited and feeling desperate to get my hair done. I arrived 15 minutes early. The receptionist told me she was surprised to see me early. "Alec is always running behind and all his clients call in before." How am I supposed to know. They had my number. She could have called me. So she said he was running 45 minutes behind. I figured I would do some shopping at the Lab. After all, I don't get down to Costa Mesa very often. It's 30 miles away from home. My appointment was at 2:00pm so I leave and come back at 2:30pm. I'm sitting there in the studio, which is pretty cool. It has many different rooms in a loft-like studio. It's a good size with very tall ceilings. I've flipped through every magazine they had available. It's now 3:00pm and no one has bothered to offer me a drink or check up on me. I ask how long it should take. She says about 15 minutes. It's now 3:30pm and I'm pissed. I couldn't take it anymore so I left. I wasted 2 hours driving and waiting for nothing. Not to mention the toll road cost $4.50 each way. What a total waste of time. And I'm pissed because Ed was leaving on Sunday for a business trip in Paris for a whole week.

I had to stop by Trader's on the way home. As I leave Trader Joe's there is a pigeon on the hood of my car. I start my car and back up a little wondering when he'll fly away. I back all the way out and he starts walking across the hood and toward the front windshield. I stop at the stop sign and notice other people are starting to notice. I'm picking up speed leaving the parking lot and the darn bird is still walking on my hood. I'm now on the highway and the wind is pressing the bird to my side windshield. His wings are starting to flap, but he won't fly away. All the cars are staring at me and I'm screaming and laughing at the same time. Right before I enter the highway the wind blows the bird off my car and to the ground. The car behind me watched and swerved around the bird. It was the funniest thing I had ever encountered. It was like there was a magnetic force pushing the bird to the car. I don't even know if the bird escaped. The car behind me swerved, but who knows if the car behind her did the same.

What a way to lighten my mood. I couldn't stay mad anymore. But my hair is still overgrown, out of style, and my roots are showing. Wahhhh!!!

2 comments:

Christine said...

HAHAHAHAHA! That's the kind of stuff that seems to happen only to me! Ah, I feel better that someone else has shared my kind of pain. :)

Call Family said...

Well my sister does hair but her schedule is such that she'll be out of town a lot for the next few months so I guess I'm not much help. Hmmm....that had to be really infuriating!