What Happens in One Month?

Sunday, August 05, 2007

It's been a long time since I've posted anything. Isabella is getting bigger, stronger, and more developed. Since last month, Ed's uncle, Wadeed, moved to California. He stayed with us for a few weeks until he found a room to rent. He and Ed's aunt, Anna, have decided to live bi-coastal for two years until Alex is finished with high school. So, to make his transition a little easier to manage, we've been showing him around.

Ed just turned 36 last Thursday. For Ed's birthday, I took Isabella to work. I picked her up at noon and she spent the entire afternoon at work with us. She was great the entire time. She loves mimicking sounds and facial expressions. In the past month she has:

  • Begun to cruise on furniture
  • Wave bye-bye
  • Mimics movement: wave, tries to snap fingers, clicks her tongue, scrunches up her face, blows kisses
  • Words she'll say on her own: da-da (many, many variations), mom-ma (only when she's tired, hungry, or hurt), hi
  • She has started to crawl up the stairs. Yikes! Time to get those baby gates. She climbed up 7 stairs just today. Of course, I was nearby the entire time
Here are a few pictures that were taken this month:


Yesterday, I was making breakfast and outside our window was this amazing bird on our car. It looked like a small parrot.


After breakfast, we went to the Sawdust Festival in Laguna Beach were we met up with Pearl, Tom, and Cammie. She's gotten so much bigger since the hospital. She now weighs a little over 10lbs and is 7 months old. After carrying Isabella around all over the place, carrying Cammie was like carrying a feather.


No pictures of Ed's birthday. We had dinner at our house with Wadeed. I bought Ed this very cool espresso machine (Nespresso). It is awesome and he absolutely loved it! I did good. It was similar to the one we used in the Maldives. He was so in love with that machine that I knew it would be a good purchase. I'll have to take pictures of it as it is now a part of our family. We don't get our shipment of coffee until Tuesday and we're so sad.

Last weekend I took Isabella to LA to visit Merah and Jack. We had so much fun that we didn't want to leave. But I was so darn exhausted after the sleepover. Merah said we could have her room so I set up the play pen in her room and that night I put her to bed. I completely forgot that I would have to sleep with her in the same room. When I realized this I knew it was going to be a rough night. She is such a light sleeper. It was so hot and I had the blanket up over me and I could barely move the sheets off of me and she would stir. I will never sleep in the same room unless I absolutely have to. She ended up waking up at 6:00am darn it. I forgot to bring my camera, so Merah took all the pictures.


This is my favorite Popeye face.


My parents came out to LA to visit the two grandkids.


The weekend before (7/16) we took Isabella to the beach and into the water. She was "complaining" and having fun all at the same time.


Isabella is a thinker, always in deep thought.


Christine came down for a visit from PA. We went to Laguna Beach and ate at Aegean Cafe. Isabella loved sucking on lemon wedges and eating pita bread. She didn't care for the hummus though. Here are pictures from Chris.

1 comments:

Call Family said...

I was starting to wonder what you were up to!

So cute to see her swimming in just shorts, I totally have pictures of me in my backyard in the pool with the hose and wearing funky early 80's shorts with the white stripe up the side:)

Can you believe we will be celebrating their first birthday soon? Chase's is in less than two weeks-SCARY!